The story so far…
StaffCapital is a company aimed to help entrepreneurs grow faster by developing operating solutions that support them to better organize the staffing. They offer amazing experiences to over 1000 customers and 15000 employees every year in the Netherlands.
Their continuous development led to the need of increasing the company’s tech unit. That’s when BackstageIT entered the scene.
StaffCapital were instantly impressed with the teams created within the extended teams’ ecosystem. After several meetings and presentations, Rick & Remco were confident that BackstageIT could help them find qualified candidates required within the desired timeframes.
THE BUSINESS CHALLENGES
Technical skills shortage
One of the main challenges of StaffCapital was having the right technical talents available for the associated deadlines. The company was looking for people who are tech-oriented professionals, people who care and want to connect with the business and the products they work on. They needed a partner that could deliver a shortlist of candidates with the right skill-sets, candidates who would have been willing to experiment with new technologies. The creativity of the candidates was an important element of the StaffCapital selection process.
“For us, communication and collaboration between the teams from the Netherlands and Moldova is essential. This is why we talk to each other every morning, and stay in contact during the day. Our goal is to create an agile environment where all of our developers can achieve the greatest potential. When people from different countries are working closely together on one common project, on one common goal – the results are amazing.”
Remco LambertsManager E-Services
StaffCapital owns eight digital platforms. Due to the scale of the projects, the stack of hires varied. BackstageIT core team worked directly with Remco, manager of e-services to understand the roadmap for each development team and where the next hire would fit into these plans.
The first project was to be developed from scratch using the most modern technologies. The task for BackstageIT recruitment department was to find one Full-Stack Developer and one Front-End Developer proficient in React.
The recruitment process was efficient, and it allowed StaffCapital to look at several candidates. At the beginning, all candidates were a little nervous of having an interview with the client, but Remco was very friendly, and the candidates immediately felt the connection. The client was pleasantly surprised with the skill level of the developers, as well as the level of English they possess. Two candidates were selected for the final interview.
First two developers were hired in promised time and turned out to be perfect fit for StaffCapital. Both on technical and soft skills part. Foremost, it proved that developers from Moldova are good specialists and can handle any project. This was the moment of expansion of the StaffCapital team and since then have been a partner of BackstageIT for more than two years.
“Working for StaffCapital gave me the environment where I can work, learn, gain experience and have fun with my teammates at the same time.”
Currently, StaffCapital extended team consists of three full-stack, eight front-end and five back-end developers. StaffCapital also hired through BackstageIT a project manager, UI/UX designer, a DevOps Engineer and a whole team of five QA engineers with their own QA Lead. The team of 2 became a team of 24 and is still growing.
Top elements that developers appreciate the most in working for StaffCapital:
- Management welcomes ideas coming from its employees. They are open to new ideas, thus employees can bring maximum contribution to the development of the company.
- If developers think that they need a new library or a new framework, they just need to communicate it to the client, who will make the best decision for the project and for the team.
- The team is super united. If you need support for any task, or for any problem you have, you solve it in about 5-10 minutes, using the help of your colleagues. Open-minded and always ready to help and solve any issue that might appear.
- Working with Dutch colleagues is a huge plus. They are real professionals in their field. One can learn a lot from them.
- You get to work with top edge technologies, such as PHP, the latest version of Laravel. As well as Json API, React.js and complex architecture of Docker.
- QAs and DevOps engineers on the team. The team of QAs makes sure the software is free from bugs and all its features work perfectly, allowing developers to concentrate on the code.
Plans for the future
At the moment, StaffCapital is looking for two more developers to join their team. And we believe these are not the last ones, because a successful company, that is constantly growing, will always need more people to build and support their projects. Expanding their team to Moldova is an excellent solution for StaffCapital. And it is an excellent opportunity for a developer to join a fast-growing, united and talented team.